Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Yuck, yearly check up



Why, oh why do we women have to be put thru this??? **Warning** quit reading now if you don't want to know more details about my doctor's visit. Everything went fine but as I was driving up to the hospital/doctor's offices all of these emotions came rushing back to me about Ellie's delivery day. I began to be frustrated that I was in the maternal obs area for 30 minutes before being checked; thus leading to the mass chaos of having to get me into an L&D room ASAP. I started to feel a little bitter about not having any time to process what was going on. I mean, seriously, when they handed me my child I was like what the crap just happened?!?! There isn't anything that could have been done to change that or slow my labor, but I was kinda disappointed that I really don't remember much about that morning. I mean, I do remember things, but in the moment, there was no time to process anything. Don't get me wrong, I am thankful for Ellie's quick, safe arrival but seriously.....can a girl get a break? Please don't read this and then comment and tell me that I should be grateful that I didn't have labor that lasted 24 hours or something like that. I get it. I am lucky. I am not 'unhappy' about my birth story, I am just still floored when I think about how it all went down. It is almost unbelievable to me...still....after 4 months. So with all that said, it was nice to see Dr Tatum and not be pregnant. It was refreshing to know that I am past all of that and my sweet angel is here. Well, anyway, I was going to tell a funny story about something that Dr Tatum said to me about ahem (clears throat) but now that I am writing this, I think it might not be appropriate since I am not sure who all reads my blog. If you know Dr Tatum and can just imagine the smart ass things he might have said to me and want to know what it is....email me. Haha.




Also something that I do almost yearly.....have my eyebrows waxed! Well, not exaclty once a year, but seriously close enough. When I had this done on Sunday afternoon, the lady was like, "now your husband recognize you." Um excuse me, they weren't THAT bad and come on, I have a 4 month old at home, give me a break. Hehe. Before the eyes, Jana and I got pedicures. Yum! We usually go for the Lavender pedi, but we ventured out this time and went with the Vanilla Latte pedi. You might remember me posting a pic of the Lavender one on my Facebook. That was my last pedicure before Ellie and our last bff day sans child. If you live in this area and love pedi's you MUST go to this place. It is great! The bulding is awful but the service is well worth it.



1 comment:

  1. Every time I go for a pedicure, the little Asian ladies always want to wax my eyebrows (and I pluck religiously)! What is it with them?!!

    ReplyDelete