Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Poor Sophie

Poor Sophie. What happened to Sophie? Well first, let me tell you what a Sophie is. Sophie is a toy giraffe. It looks like a doggie toy, smells like a doggie toy and squeaks like a doggie toy...but it isn't. She is a kids toy. A teether. Kids are supposed to like Sophie because she has fun spots to look at, she smells good, she squeaks, she is fun to chew on, and she is fun to hold and play with. I ordered this for Ellie when I saw a bunch of people posting about her on babycenter.com Ellie loves her! We don't go anywhere without Sophie. Obviously. So this morning, Ellie was chewing on Sophie and we were getting her out of the car to go to daycare. She must have fallen out of the car un-noticed. Tonight when I go to put Ellie back in the carseat, I am looking for Sophie and she is no where to be found. Uh oh. I think, well maybe we didn't bring her this morning. But I am sure we did. I drive out of the parking spot and there.....right there on the side of the road is SOPHIE. But now Sophie has tire marks on her. What the heck? Sophie fell out of my car and was run over. As soon as I post this, I am ordering Ellie another one and putting a rush on it! Ellie loves her Sophie, she loves to chew on her face and those pointy thing next to her ears (who knows what they are called). Kinda glad she isn't old enough to ask for her yet...or else we'd be in big trouble.



5 comments:

  1. Eeee! My friend's baby boy has one and chews it all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. errr..those pointy things are called antlers, aren't they?:) Poor Sophie #1 - may she rest in peace. I think the next one should be Sophia (Sophie's twin sister) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe, sophia! antlers? hm i dont know, i might have to google it. here's one explanation:

    Both male & female giraffes sport skin covered horns. No one is sure of their use, but it's possible they serve as cooling towers

    and another explanation:

    Both male and female giraffes have two distinct, hair-covered horns called ossicones. Male giraffes use their horns to playfully fight with one another. As male giraffes age, calcium deposits form on their skulls and other horn-like bumps develop. Giraffes can have up to three of these large bumps, two in the rear of the skull and one in the forehead region, so that it may look like they have five horns.

    hmmm, who knew?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Poor Sophie. She has to endure such abuse! Well at least you have Sophie (Part Deux) ordered :) I'm thinking I better order our Sophie's before long...if they are as good as you say Lukas and Maddox must have one!

    ReplyDelete