Wednesday, April 4, 2012

VITAMIX

First, thank you to my parents for blessing us with a Vitamix!!!! Besides college, car, wedding, everything else I could ever ask from them......this a wonderful gift ;)!!!!!! The Duran's are on a path to healthier living and there's no better way to start. What's a Vitamix?!?!?!? Click the link to find out what its really about.....I'll tell you what little I know. The Vitamix is the most powerful blender on Earth ;). It's the best thing out there to help you eat raw. So here we are, making our green smoothies everyday! My mom has really helped me to understand what she knows about green smoothies and healthier living. She has a lot of great resources.


And then for general healthy options - Nourishing Traditions cookbook & Cooking God's Way -- last year, her and I attended a cooking class with Cooking God's Way and we learned so much!

On to the pics!


OUR FIRST GREEN SMOOTHIE! ELLIE APPROVED!!!!






THESE PICS ARE PRICELESS. THIS SMOOTHIE CAME OUT LESS GREEN AND MORE BROWN BECAUSE ELLIE WANTED BLACKBERRIES ADDED. SHE LOVED IT! AND NAMED IT "LITTLE BROWN BEAR SMOOTHIE."




So what was in these smoothies? The first pics was --- spinach, cucumber, banana, apple, lemon, strawberries, clementine, water, ice. The second set of pics was --- spinach, swiss chard, banana, apple, lemon, kiwi, clementine, cucumber, blackberries, water.

Other things we have added are --- cilantro, celery, probiotic, elderberry. Whats on the grocery list for next week --- dandelion greens.

Jon and I are drinking these for lunch mostly and then trying to make healthy food choices for breakfast and dinner. We are a work in progress.

Thanks again to my gracious parents for the amazing, healthy gift! We are looking forward to healthier living!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Have you thought about becoming part of a co-op to get fresh, organic fruits and veggies? I know there are a few in the area.

    ReplyDelete