Thursday, August 5, 2010

Psalm 91

It all happened about two weeks ago. Ellie, our normally sound and peaceful sleeper started waking up screaming. Screaming bloody murder, on all fours, with eyes closed. Talk about scare a momma. I mean, what could be wrong? She seems asleep because her eyes are closed yet she is screaming at the top of her lungs as if something hurt her. Jon or I would have to go up in her room, pick her up and rock her back to peaceful sleep. After that, she seemed to be fine....would sleep through the night and wake up happy. I began to pray for peaceful nights but nothing seemed to be working. I was to a point (after two weeks of constant weird waking up screaming) where I didn't know what to pray for anymore....I didn't even know what was wrong. I was frustrated!

On Sunday, I dropped her off in the Barnyard Room at church and the lady asked if we had any prayer requests. Immediately I said, yes, pray for her night terrors (or whatever they are). That night, she woke up once again. I put a CD player by her door and played a God Made Nightime CD for her all night. I was trying to ward off whatever was frightening her. On Monday night I took her back up to church, to the Healing Room and she received prayer once again. The two people who prayed for her, prayed the blood of Jesus over her, prayed protection over her, annointed her, and commanded me to annoint her crib. I was also encouraged to read Ps 91 over her once she falls asleep. This is a Psalm of of protection. So thats what I did....we did it all. And so far, no more night terrors! Praise God. I also had to get to a point where I had the mindset of trusting God, having faith that He would protect her. So there we are! Ellie is safe and mommy is learning to have faith even in the little things.

Psalm 91
1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."
3 Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.
9 If you make the Most High your dwelling— even the LORD, who is my refuge-
10 then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent. 14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment